August 12, 2020
WORSHIP: Outdoor, in-person services continue this Sunday at 9:30 a.m. On-line virtual worship services will also continue as usual. Of course, outdoor worship services will be weather permitting. Cancellations will be posted on the website. On-line registration is mandatory to attend; RSVPs must be in by 9:30 pm the Friday before. Associated with the timing of the outdoor worship, we will need to push back the start time of the on-line fellowship, so that will move from 11:00 am to 11:30 am.
BIBLE STUDY: Bible study continues tonight at 7:30 p.m. The Zoom link is: //us02web.zoom.us/j/9088928299 Meeting ID: 908 892 8299
- “A Faith that is Great!” is the theme of the Gospel4Kids children’s sermon this week. The Good News encouragement is found Matthew 15:28. This week our lesson tells of a time when a woman of great faith came to Jesus and wanted her daughter to be healed. One’s faith is not great because it is longer, heavier, older than another. Let’s look for that special way to look at our faith. Learn about Jesus power to save us and check out the Gospel-4-Kids, posted to our Facebook page each week by Friday evening. Remember, “Keep the words of the Lord in your heart; teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise.” (Deuteronomy 11)
- Feeding Ministries Continue: Living Waters continues its commitment to supporting local pantries and impacting the lives of those with food insecurity. Stop by the church facilities. Look (from a safe distance) at the construction progress and drop off a food contribution. At the front door you will find a large box labeled as our food collection point. Place your food in the box, and we will get it to the pantries in need of your support. Remember we have special need for bottled water during the recent heat waves! Contact Cindy if you would like to pack lunches to support St. Bartholomew’s lunchtime ministry in Trenton. 6 members made 75 lunches last week. Thanks to Tom Kull and Cindy Cooper for dropping off these needed resources. LWLC will is again scheduled to provide lunch on August 28.
- Lutheran Social Ministries Backpack Drive gathered $610 to support their efforts to provide critical school supplies for students as plans are made to jump-start our educational system this fall. Thank you all for generously investing in the future of NJ students.
- Christ in Our Home: Email Edition: With the outbreaks of coronavirus disease 2019 in North America and around the world many people may be without a physical copy of Christ in Our Home. To assist with devotional life during this time, Augsburg Fortress is offering a limited-time complementary email subscription. Sign up and they will deliver the daily devotional to your email at 4am Central Time through September 30, 2020.
AV HELP NEEDED: As most of us know, Virtual Worship will most likely remain with us for another year. That being said, we desperately need additional folks who would be able to step in and either record and/or compile the videos in Terry’s absence. If you, or your teenager(s) are at all interested, please reply back to this email and Terry will contact you. Thanks for your help!
VIRTUAL FELLOWSHIP HALL: NEW TIME Join us at 11:30 am Sunday morning for the online fellowship hall! All are welcome! //meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1482896777 or by phone (470) 869-2200 Meeting ID: 148 289 6777. If it's your first time logging in, please try to login around 11:15, so we can make sure you can access it. If you have any problems getting on the video call, please text/call Craig at 609-577-6273.
SERVICE: Family Promise is in need of toiletries, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, and gift cards. To arrange curbside donations, contact Pam via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
LGBTQIA+ TEAM: If you are interested in helping to update our Affirmation of Welcome, or being a part of this team, please email email@example.com or talk to Bruce, Don, Wendy, Kathy, Judy S. or Chris.
PRAYER CHAIN: If someone has an urgent prayer concern, they can ask that their prayer be sent out on the Prayer-Chain. If you would like to be part of the Prayer-Chain group, please email officeLWLC@yahoo.com or let Cindy Cooper know as Congregational Care team leader.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT: The Building Team will keep everyone updated on the construction through the LWLC weekly news brief as we continue to build "A Living Hope for All". Thank you to all for your participation and support. Pictures: > //drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OdVnRfl013zfe0o5mzMXSJVSwPEMEIsP?usp=sharing
PRAYER LIST: (additions)
- Bill Reiter, Winnie Fatton’s brother-in-law who has cancer, and her sister, Mary Ann Reiter, Bill’s caregiver.
- Phyllis Gardner and her daughter. Phyllis lost both her husband and her son in separate tragic deaths. Friends of the Fattons.
- Julia recovering at home after a bad horse riding accident and surgery (Amy Chilcoat friend),
- Edna Sanders, Claire's mom recovering from surgery,
- Karen Symonoski, recovering from surgery,
- Brand Kahler Jr., Shannen's dad,
- Rejoicing for Kathy W’s friend’s child who is doing better, prayers that they continue to improve,
- Jesse Galinkin 31, recently received a lung transplant in Pittsburgh. He is one of the Cystic Fibrosis community members that we know. (Brenda Overcash friend),
- Pastor Bruce's sister, Betty Fink, she is in isolation in a memory care facility in Pennsylvania.
- Please email officeLWLC@yahoo.com if you would like someone added to the prayer list.
COMING EVENTS: Calendar - detailed calendar format
SHOUT OUTS: This week’s Shout Out goes out to all the folks who made or delivered lunches to St. Barts in Trenton. Thank you to Herb & Tom Rottner, Tom & Maggie Kull, Rice family, Whitlock family, Cindy Cooper and the Chilcoat families. Thank you to all who donated to the Bucks for Books program. We were able to send a check to Lutheran Social Ministries totaling $610 for their back pack drive. Thank you to our readers too!
Don’t forget about our food collection bin outside the church. Summers are tough months for food pantries. You can drop it outside the church any day that works for you.
If YOU have a Shout Out that needs to be publicized….reply to this email and let us know. Thanks
ON-LINE GIVING: Living Waters Provides Various Giving Options; Online, Check & Plate: In these current times we would like to let you know about a free mobile secure app provided by our Simply Giving partner Vanco GivePlus (Give+). The app provides for various options of giving (e.g. recurring, one time, via a credit card, from your bank account ...) and would encourage you to explore them by clicking the link below. If you have any questions about electronic giving options at Living Waters please go to our website at //www.lwlc-flemington.org/give-online or contact Tom Kull at (609-213-2729 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
CHARITABLE SHOPPING: If you do any of your online shopping at Amazon.com, DON'T! Instead, shop at smile.amazon.com, and designate Living Waters Lutheran Church, or another favorite charity (you can only designate one charity per account). Amazon will donate a small portion of your purchase towards Living Waters anytime you start your shopping at smile.amazon.com. Thank you for supporting Living Waters Lutheran Church by shopping at smile.amazon.com. It's a simple and easy way to support Living Waters, while taking care of your shopping needs. Any questions? Please ask Craig Weinrich.
THRIVENT: Anyone attending Living Waters can become a Thrivent benefit member or Thrivent associate member. One can become a Thrivent benefit member by purchasing a Thrivent product (life insurance, annuity, etc.) or become a Thrivent associate member by paying $19.95 annual dues (associate membership from can be found on the Thrivent website www.Thrivent.com or you can call our local Thrivent representative, Scott Curtis, at 1- 888-399-5611. A Thrivent benefit member is eligible for two $250 Thrivent Action Team grants annually. A Thrivent associate member is eligible for a $250 Thrivent Action grant each year (for your investment of $19.95 Thrivent provides $250 for a Living Waters Service project).
PRAYER REQUESTS: To update or add a prayer to our Sunday bulletin, please email your request to Chris Kosmac at: email@example.com
COMMUNITY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS
FLEMINGTON AREA FOOD PANTRY: Flemington Area Food Pantry current needs: bars of soap, toilet paper, cereal, and pasta. If you are able, they really could use a monetary donation. They are still serving the community with a drive thru system. If you are able to help, they can receive donations on Monday through Thursday, from 9 am-12 noon. They are located behind the Walmart on Route 31. In addition, there are opportunities to help at the Flemington Area Food Pantry. Here is the sign up link:
DELAWARE VALLEY FOOD PANTRY: The best times to deliver donations are before we open on: Wednesdays (from 1:00-1:45 p.m.) Saturdays (from 9:00-9:45 a.m.) Check donations may be mailed to: DVFP, P.O. Box 705, Lambertville, NJ 08530
Unsubscribe from this e-mail list. Any comments direct to Webmaster